Cache Wow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cache Wow

World of Warcraft emulation.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

my freaking computer.

Go down 
+4
Boxjackedlol
Frame
Shaize
DooDah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DooDah

my freaking computer. Empty
PostSubject: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 26th 2009, 8:35 pm

my computer is sooo messed up. It all started with me trying to install visual studios and it not working due to corrupted files in winxp. So, I tried to re-install it and got evrything all messed up bigtime. I downloaded winxp from the net to install it. 3 copies said they were bootable but none were. not for me anyhow. All said "missing operating system" when I tried.

So, I used my functional xp-pro to start the disk up and installed it to d:
The thing "said" it was reformatting d: but then didn't, and installed xp-home edition (which I have the validation key for on the back of my system) on d:

All good. right? Wrong. I then switched in the bios to make d: c: rearranging all the jumpers and cables and then started it up. "Missing operating system" wtf?

So, I go and re-arrange everything back and try it. "missing operating system."

I then try to start up the old c: with the functional pro on it. no good. it gives the selection to boot pro or home, but then the damn keybaord doesn'tw ork, so it auto-boots up d: hone edition.

whatever. After 7 hours i'm just glad to be back on. So, I go and enter in my validation key, and it's no good. wtf? I then call microsoft and they tell em it;'s no good as well. wtf? So now, I got winxp-pro on c: which will not work at all. I got win home edition on d: but it expires in 30 days. I cannot wipe c: cause I need it's operating system to boot up d:, since i tell the pcomputer to boot c: which really boots d:. wtf?

I'm going to just chill out for a few days and install win2k I think. screw xp. I'm soo fed up with it right now.

Valens is asking where to set up the malls. Once that is set up hopefully my bro will have that msql query created for the custom instances. I'm in the process of setting up the official forums right now with ace. Please be patient. I am working as fast as I can on all the issues at hand.
Back to top Go down
Shaize

Shaize

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 26th 2009, 8:43 pm

Damn computers... Hate them. Good luck with your computer and hopefully the new forum is sexy.
Back to top Go down
Frame

Frame

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 26th 2009, 8:49 pm

It's alright Doodah take your time with things. If the people who are here to join/play will have patience of the creation of the server. All things take time to be made into perfection.

Good luck with all things.
Back to top Go down
Boxjackedlol

Boxjackedlol

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 26th 2009, 9:32 pm

Wait, does you computer not have any System Restore points? If it is possible, why not just restore your computer to back before this happened?
Back to top Go down
Zlacrymosa
Game masta
Zlacrymosa

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 26th 2009, 10:38 pm

O noes Techy probs.

*Runs and hides*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/penis2011
Qk

Qk

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 27th 2009, 1:45 am

Urgh computers You love them till they decide to break >.<
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Raynor800
Nkara
Admin
Nkara

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 27th 2009, 2:24 am

Let me just tell you how annoying today was... and yesterday.. Not for me anyway but listening to Doodah bitch and talk to himself allllllllllllll day about the damn computer!
Back to top Go down
Zlacrymosa
Game masta
Zlacrymosa

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 27th 2009, 9:10 am

Lawl-I could just picture that..haha. I bet you had tons of fun with that.
Back to top Go down
Nkara
Admin
Nkara

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 27th 2009, 11:36 am

and he's STILL bitching and trying to fix it!!!!! Stop the insanity!
Back to top Go down
adeel

adeel

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 27th 2009, 1:21 pm

Shaize wrote:
Damn computers... Hate them. Good luck with your computer and hopefully the new forum is sexy.
Believe me it is sooo sexy! But currently, not for monkeys...
Back to top Go down
Zlacrymosa
Game masta
Zlacrymosa

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 27th 2009, 8:41 pm

.....Really. No monkeys.. What about Cookie-Head monsters...from Sweden NO THANK YOU>!
Back to top Go down
DooDah

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. EmptyApril 28th 2009, 2:02 am

FINALLY!!!!

ok, I'm back. What a mess that was. The whole 'missing operating system" thing was my usb keyboard. Apperently right when you need to hit a key the usb keyboard isn't detectable, but is before and after that 1 part of the install. My brother Mystarim came by and hooked me up with one of his old ones.

So, they aren't here yet, but the other 2 owners are Cadaver and Mystarim. They probably won't come around till we kick it off and start to get populated. They will work in the background most times, leaving everything else to me. What I don't know they do, so it kinda works out. Cad was a "Network Security Advisor" for over 10 years on some navy base, and Mystarim was a IT guy, and then graduated from Worcester Polytech for computers, and now is a salesman for Google.

Tommorrow I will go over the spots you all picked oout and decide where the malls will go, and then VaLens will set them up. I'll get with Cad on setting up the accounts creation page. Not sure what we should do for vote points as of yet. I haven't had time to think it over...just the start up of it. I have some ideas on what you all can and will want to vote for each day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my freaking computer.   my freaking computer. Empty

Back to top Go down

my freaking computer.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cache Wow :: General Lobby :: General Chatter-
Jump to: